A majority of real world retail businesses having an online presence offer the facility of store locator to their visitors. Sadly most businesses fail to make the most of this extremely beneficial feature that can help increase their conversion rates by significant margins. Listed below are some useful locator optimization tips that can help such businesses to not only ensure an enhanced user experience but also increase the number of casual visitors turning into loyal clients.
- In order to turn a store locator into a tool that helps in generating greater revenue for the business, it is important for them to be designed in a manner that inspires the users to take some action, rather than just pointing them to a brick and mortar location.
- There has been a significant rise in the number of people using their mobile devices for finding information online, which is why it is extremely important for an online website to optimize the store locator option for mobile users.
- Integrating the combined benefits of location detection and auto-complete functionality within the store locator option can go a long way in providing a better user experience to casual visitors and turning them into prospective clients.
- It has been observed that websites which enables users to search for a physical store using specific search criteria, such as its exact address, tend to attract more traffic and generally have a better conversion rate.
- It is also important for websites to create useful filters to help their visitors to find the most relevant information they are seeking as it will not only help save their time but will also make the search process a lot simpler.
- In case of businesses offering different products and services for different sets of target audiences, using multiple locator tools can be prove extremely beneficial and minimize the complexity of the search results.
- One of the best ways to convert a store locator into a revenue generator is by including ratings in the search results, which is taken as the reflection of the fact that the business in question is confident about the products and services it offers.
- Apart from taking in the needs of the general users, the businesses should also consider the needs of professionals who form a part of their target audience so as to avoid any confusion amongst the users trying to find specific information.
- The whole idea of using the store locator is to make it easy for the users to find the physical place to get the products they seek, which is why is important for businesses to avoid cluttering the locator with excessive details that make the search process complex.
- Business websites should make sure to upgrade and modify the locator tool in accordance with the changes in customer behaviour and evolution of better technologies to ensure a satisfactory user experience to their visitors.
Implementing the above tips can go a long way in making the locator tool much more than just a means of directing the users to the nearest physical store where they can get the products and services offered by the business.